Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Way It Wasn't

Ellen points me towards another alt.space.hist movie. It looks good. If only I had broadband (do you really think that this writing malarky pays enough for me to afford all mod cons?). I’m sure there must be more out there, and I don’t mean Capricorn One.

I love this stuff. It not only allows you to wallow in nostalgia, but also puts history back on the right track. I’ve even made a tiny contribution of my own, in the form of the short story ‘A Very British History.’

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey honey, if I can afford it you can afford it.
Well, get ye to someone who has broadband one of these days because it's brilliant. :-)
Ellen

May 16, 2006 11:16 pm  
Blogger Paul McAuley said...

You live in America, Ellen. I live in rip-off Britain. We even have to pay for *local* phone calls here. But Broadband is getting cheaper, and if my Victorian phone lines can take it, one of these days...

May 17, 2006 11:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot. John Clute has very cheap phone and internet service. Talk to him about how it works.
Ellen

May 17, 2006 5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts